It is hard not to hear of the devastation Hurricane Sandy has unleashed our east coast friends, many of my broker buddies live out there, and the pictures from Facebook where no short than shocking. We west coasters are pretty far removed from the immediate destruction yet we all have a friend or family members who’ve been directly impacted. If you have an extra buck or two to spare please donate to one of the groups below – also there are 4 ways to help out pets/wildlife who’ve been affected.
15 Ways to Donate to Hurricane Sandy’s Relief
1. American Red Cross: http://www.redcross.org/charitable-donations
2. New York Blood Center: http://www.nybloodcenter.org/
3. The Salvation Army: http://disaster.salvationarmyusa.org/give/
4. Feeding America: http://feedingamerica.org/press-room/press-releases/hurricane-sandy.aspx
5. World Vision: http://donate.worldvision.org/donate-hurricane-sandy
6. Save The Children: https://secure.savethechildren.org/site/donor.asp
7. The Humane Society: http://www.humanesociety.org/hurricane-sandy-103012-1.html
8. Team Rubicon USA: http://teamrubiconusa.org/donate/
9. Samaritan’s Purse: http://www.samaritanspurse.org/index.php/articles/hurricane_sandy/
10. Operation USA: https://donate.opusa.org/
11. Convoy of Hope: https://donate.convoyofhope.org/
12. Wildlife Conservation Society: http://www.wcs.org/donate/
13. Alley Cat Allies: http://www.alleycat.org/
14. Mt. Pleasant Animal Shelter: http://www.njshelter.org/
15. New Jersey Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals: http://www.njspca.org/support-spca-donate-now.htm
If you know of more ways to donate just leave a comment with a link to the shelter, animal/pet support, volunteer opportunities, and or other local organization needing/requesting help just comment with a link and I will add it to the list.
*We are not affiliated with any of these charities or support groups just want to help spread the message.