As Washingtonians charge head first into October, we all are noticing the nights have grown colder and longer and with the leaves changing into Fall’s oranges, yellows, and browns. The changes are hard not to notice and it is sad to see summer. However, with Halloween just around the corner its time to get our fright on!
Halloween is one of those holidays that brings out more events than the typical one night a week. Activities and events around Halloween range from the change your underwear scary to the school sponsored dress up days for little ones. Everyone gets to choose their level of scary and the amounts of events and activities in Snohomish County makes it easy to decide where to take your family and friends.
Snohomish County has the benefit of being surrounded by farms who in turn host corn mazes (hugely popular), evening Halloween parties, Zombie shootings (I’m not joking) as well as pumpkin patches for kids of all ages. Even now it seems, there is something about Halloween that brings the out the kid in me and I have so much fun trick-or-treating with the nephews and seeing them enjoy this time of year as I once did.
With all the pumpkin carving, parties, handing out candy and the ghoulish events here a list of 35 Halloween activities. If you know of others let me know and I’ll update the list.
15 Activities hosted by City
City of Arlington
- PIRATE SHIP 10am-2pm at Legion Park
- Pumpkin Decorating Contest 11am judging– at Arl. Hardware
- HARVEST PARTY at Arlington United Church 11am-3pm
- Trick or Treating & Trunk or Treat on Olympic Ave noon-1pm
- Pumpkin Pie Contest 11-noon at Legion Park
- COSTUME CONTEST 1pm at Legion Park
- The Great Pumpkin Roll 1:30pm registration First Street Hill
- ZOMBIE WALK 3pm on Olympic Ave
City of Granite Falls
- Railroad Days October 6th, http://www.granitefallswa.com/rrdays/.
City of Lake Stevens
- Downtown Family Safe Halloween – October 31, 2012 (*always on Halloween), http://www.lakestevenschamber.com/lsevents.htm.
City of Marysville
- Learn to Face Paint, October 17th, http://marysvillewa.gov/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=73.
City of Mill Creek
- Trunk or Treat Halloween Haunt (no info published on date/time).
City of Snohomish
- Haunted Nightmare in 3D, http://www.hauntednightmare.com/.
6 Corn Mazes and Farms
The Farm at Swans Trail “Washington’s Largest Corn Maze”
7301 Rivershore Rd
Snohomish, WA 98290
425.334.4121 – Directions
Foster’s Produce & Corn Maze
5818 SR 530 NE
Arlington, WA 98223
360.435.5095 – Directions
6 Haunted House Attractions
- KUBE 93.3 FM Haunted House, http://www.kube93.com/pages/haunted_house.html.
- KISS 106.1 FM House of Terror, http://www.kissfmseattle.com/pages/house_of_terror.html.
- The Nile Country Club Haunted House, http://nilehauntedhouse.com/.
- Haunted Hallow Attraction, http://hauntedhollowonline.com/The_Haunted_Attraction.html.
- Nightmare on 9, http://www.thomasfamilyfarm.com/nighttime-activities/nighttime-on-highway-9-haunted-house.
- Haunted Swamp, http://www.frightmaze.com/.
6 Movies & Retro Horror Screenings
Everett’s Historical Theatre
- WHITE ZOMBIE (1932) October 4th at 7:30 PM
- HOUSE ON HAUNTED HILL (1959) October 25th at 7:30 PM
Marysville’s Regal Cinema
- House at the End of the Street
- Resident Evil: Retribution
- Resident Evil: Retribution 3D
- The Possession
Check local showtimes at http://www.regmovies.com/theatres/theatre-folder/Regal-Marysville-14-1553
1 Halloween Party
1 Zombie Shooting
- Stalker Farms, http://www.stalkerfarms.com/zombie-stalker.asp.
3 friends and I did the Zombie shooting on 10/11/12. DEAD ZOMBIES!!