Snohomish County VA Home Loans & Financing
Are you currently serving, have served, and/or retired from the Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, or Coast Guard? If so, then you may be eligible to purchase a home with zero money down. The United States Department of Veterans Affairs offers service members their Loan Guaranty Service, Home Loan Program which real estate brokers and mortgage officers abbreviate as VA financing.
As mentioned, VA financing allows service members to buy a home with zero down payment. That translates to virtually no out-of-pocket money to purchase. To determine if you have VA eligibility it’s pretty straight forward:
- Are you active in The United States armed services?
- Are you retired from: Navy, Army, Air Force, Marines, or Coast Guard?
- Are you a reservist? Have you been deployed on active duty or not?
- Or, Were you honorably discharged?
If one of those four criteria is you then likely you qualify for a VA home loan.
What Homes Qualify for VA Financing?
- The home can be in any area or city. Some condos do not qualify.
- The home must be stick built. Manufactured homes do not qualify.
- The home has to be in decent condition with no major repairs required.
VA Appraisals: Items of Concern
- Roof is failing
- Siding is failing
- Cracked Foundation
- Failed Electrical or Plumbing
An item a mortgage broker will need to verify eligibility is a Certificate of Eligibility. Before the web it was a pain and sometimes troublesome get obtain the Certificate of Eligibility but now just visit the VA’s Benifits website to retrieve yours. Also, most mortgage brokers will be able to retrieve it as well.
Free Daily Email Updates
- Automated home searches
- Favorite properties
- Email updates
- And much more…