Snohomish County VA Home Loans & Financing
Are you currently serving, have served, and/or retired from the Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, or Coast Guard? If so, then you may be eligible to purchase a home with zero money down. The United States Department of Veterans Affairs offers service members their Loan Guaranty Service, Home Loan Program which real estate brokers and mortgage officers abbreviate as VA financing.
As mentioned, VA financing allows service members to buy a home with zero down payment. That translates to virtually no out-of-pocket money to purchase. To determine if you have VA eligibility it’s pretty straight forward:
- Are you active in The United States armed services?
- Are you retired from: Navy, Army, Air Force, Marines, or Coast Guard?
- Are you a reservist? Have you been deployed on active duty or not?
- Or, Were you honorably discharged?
If one of those four criteria is you then likely you qualify for a VA home loan.
What Are the Closest Cities to Naval Station Everett?
- Naval Station Everett is Located in Everett.
- In the North: Marysville, Arlington, and Stanwood
- In the East: Lake Stevens, Mill Creek, and Bothell
- In the South: Mukilteo and Lynnwood
What Homes Qualify for VA Financing?
- The home can be in any area or city. Some condos do not qualify.
- The home must be stick built. Manufactured homes do not qualify.
- The home has to be in decent condition with no major repairs required.
VA Appraisals: Items of Concern
- Roof is failing
- Siding is failing
- Cracked Foundation
- Failed Electrical or Plumbing
An item a mortgage broker will need to verify eligibility is a Certificate of Eligibility. Before the web it was a pain and sometimes troublesome get obtain the Certificate of Eligibility but now just visit the VA’s Benifits website to retrieve yours. Also, most mortgage brokers will be able to retrieve it as well to save you time.
*Note: VA limits are $500,000 for Snohomish County but if a home is purchased in a higher amount the buyer just has to make that difference up in cash.
VA Qualified Snohomish County Homes
Gorgeous Northbrook Resale conveniently located in the Mukilteo School District. Floor plan centered around a sleek kitchen with slab granite counters, custom tile and h...
- Courtesy ofKelly Right RE of Seattle LLC
Bring your Vision to this NW Contemporary home located in the sought after Chennault Beach area of Harbour Pointe on a very quiet and peaceful dead-end street. Newer Roo...
- Bldg.Chennault Beach
- Courtesy ofWindermere Real Estate GH LLC
Awesome brand new 2 story features 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths w/approx. 1750 sq feet & a mountain VIEW! you'll love the CUSTOM WHTE PAINTED cabinetry throughout, driftwood fin...
- Courtesy ofRealty One Group Preview
You will love this 5 bedroom almost 3,000 Sq ft gorgeous house with 3 car garage on almost 1/4 Acre of land in the heart of the most desirous Kylie Park community with Fa...
- Bldg.Section 17 Township 32 Range 04
- Courtesy ofKeller Williams Western Realty
Spacious light and bright condo with breath taking views! Huge living room equipped with wet bar and wood burning fireplace. 2 balconies on right and left side of unit an...
- Courtesy ofWindermere R.E. Mill Creek
The database information herein is provided from and copyrighted by the Northwest Multiple Listing Service (NWMLS). NWMLS data may not be reproduced or redistributed and is only for people viewing this site. All information provided is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed and should be independently verified. All properties are subject to prior sale or withdrawal. All rights are reserved by copyright. DMCA information
Free Daily Email Updates
- Automated home searches
- Favorite properties
- Email updates
- And much more…