Snohomish County VA Home Loans & Financing
Are you currently serving, have served, and/or retired from the Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, or Coast Guard? If so, then you may be eligible to purchase a home with zero money down. The United States Department of Veterans Affairs offers service members their Loan Guaranty Service, Home Loan Program which real estate brokers and mortgage officers abbreviate as VA financing.
As mentioned, VA financing allows service members to buy a home with zero down payment. That translates to virtually no out-of-pocket money to purchase. To determine if you have VA eligibility it’s pretty straight forward:
- Are you active in The United States armed services?
- Are you retired from: Navy, Army, Air Force, Marines, or Coast Guard?
- Are you a reservist? Have you been deployed on active duty or not?
- Or, Were you honorably discharged?
If one of those four criteria is you then likely you qualify for a VA home loan.
What Are the Closest Cities to Naval Station Everett?
- Naval Station Everett is Located in Everett.
- In the North: Marysville, Arlington, and Stanwood
- In the East: Lake Stevens, Mill Creek, and Bothell
- In the South: Mukilteo and Lynnwood
What Homes Qualify for VA Financing?
- The home can be in any area or city. Some condos do not qualify.
- The home must be stick built. Manufactured homes do not qualify.
- The home has to be in decent condition with no major repairs required.
VA Appraisals: Items of Concern
- Roof is failing
- Siding is failing
- Cracked Foundation
- Failed Electrical or Plumbing
An item a mortgage broker will need to verify eligibility is a Certificate of Eligibility. Before the web it was a pain and sometimes troublesome get obtain the Certificate of Eligibility but now just visit the VA’s Benifits website to retrieve yours. Also, most mortgage brokers will be able to retrieve it as well to save you time.
*Note: VA limits are $500,000 for Snohomish County but if a home is purchased in a higher amount the buyer just has to make that difference up in cash.
VA Qualified Snohomish County Homes
Charming historic home on double lot. Large living room. Formal dining room. Updated kitchen with abundant custom cabinets. Main floor bedroom, full bath + storage room. ...
- Courtesy ofCENTURY 21 North Homes Realty
Priced to sell! Maltby/Clearview - rural but close to Woodinville, Mill Creek, Maltby. 1 ac fully fenced w/2 double gates. Updated. Parking for all your vehicles, RV, boa...
- Bldg.Cathcart Div 1
- Courtesy ofRE/MAX Elite
Meticulously kept 3 bedroom, 2 bath rambler on private drive set back from street. Bright and sunny floor plan, no wasted space here. Large, fully fenced yard with tons o...
- Bldg.Twin Cedars
- Courtesy ofRE/MAX Northwest Realtors
HURRY to see this BEAUTIFUL updated home w/a low maintenance yard! Upgrades R from floor to ceiling. NEW Dark Pergo flooring thru out downstairs,New Fixtures,New White Bl...
- Bldg.Berry Farm
- Courtesy ofRealty One Group Preview
Beautiful spacious Alderwood Townhome with laminate wood floor. Light and bright kitchen with stainless steel appliances opens to dining and living room with gas fireplac...
- Bldg.Lynnwood Twin First
- Courtesy ofJohn L. Scott, Inc.
The database information herein is provided from and copyrighted by the Northwest Multiple Listing Service (NWMLS). NWMLS data may not be reproduced or redistributed and is only for people viewing this site. All information provided is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed and should be independently verified. All properties are subject to prior sale or withdrawal. All rights are reserved by copyright. DMCA information
Free Daily Email Updates
- Automated home searches
- Favorite properties
- Email updates
- And much more…