Over the years as a listing agent and a buyer's agent real estate agent, one thing holds true day-in and day-out: there are many different ways to "do real estate" and not one way is the right one way. For many, it takes time sitting down and contemplating the complex nature of real estate or the housing industry as a whole to determine which is their path yet many do start by earning their real estate license.
When the decision has been made to jump into real estate industry it also goes hand-in-hand with a person's own stage of life: just turning 18, recently together, married, divorced, stable and secure, and/or approaching retirement. Whatever the life stage, there is a way.
It should be noted that while there is no one right way to "do real estate", there are plenty of wrong ways to "do real estate" which that topic is best saved for a later date.
To get started and not to dive into the depth of all the ways to "do real estate; let's keep it simple and list as many possible ways a person or persons can "do real estate".
- Buying a First Home or Property
- Selling a First Home or Property
- Purchasing a First Investment Property
- Purchasing Multiple Investment Properties
- Selling a Investment Property
- Divestment a Portfolio of Real Estate
- Buying or Selling a Single Family Home
- Buying or Selling a Condo or Townhomes
- Buying or Selling Multi-Unit Properties
- Buying or Selling Vacant Land
- Buying or Selling a Manufactured Home
- Buying or Selling a Manufactured Home Community
- Become a Licensed Real Estate Agent
- Become a Licensed Mortgage Officer
- Work in a Title and/or Escrow Office
- Become a Real Estate Attorney
- Become a Real Estate Trainer
- Become a Licensed Home Inspector
- Work in Housing Related Trade (General Contractor, Framer, Plumber, Electrician, HVAC, Sider, Roofer, Landscaper ... etc)
- Become a Private Lender for Home Buyers
- Become a Private Lender for Investors and Developers
- Purchase ONLY Distressed Properties (Short Sales, Foreclosures, Auctions, HUD Homes, etc.)
- Teach Continuing Education to Industry Professionals
- Buy and Sell Short-Term Rentals (VRBOs, AirBnB, etc)
- Buy and Sell Recreational Properties
- Own / Manage a Real Estate Office
- Own / Manage a Property Management Company
- Own / Manage a Mortgage Brokerage Company
- Attend a Real Estate Conferences
- Decide Not To Buy a Property or Properties
- Buy and Sell Commercial Properties
- Rent Commercial Properties
- Buy Commercial Properties
- Become a Commercial Real Estate Broker
- Become a Commercial Real Estate Lender
- Buy and Sell Out-of-State Properties
- Buy and Sell Out-of-Country Properties
The list can likely go on and on being the real estate industry is vast, ever growing, and evolving. So I ask the question: what field or sector of the real estate industry has been missed?
Share with us in the comments below.